copy protection

Byron Turner byront at mac.com
Sun Jan 9 20:33:41 EST 2005

Indeed a loss of only 1/3 doesn't sound too bad, but this was a special
case with great support from the instructor and direct sales to the
students with a discount..  It is also a very short term class leaving
little time for copying between students.  I have great fear of what
will happen in a normal class.  I'm considering disabling the software
after a period of time (2 days to 2 weeks) if the user doesn't
register, but how would I distinguish a purchaser from pirate?  I've
had ideas but I'm sure their are gaping holes in them, hence, I'm
looking for ideas.

Byron

"There is one safeguard known generally to the wise, which is an
advantage and security to all, but especially to democracies as against
despots. What is it? Distrust."

-- Demosthenes