Apple script question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jan 9 11:07:09 EST 2005

On 1/9/05 2:54 AM, "Yves COPPE" <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:

> Le 9 janv. 05, à 06:41, Ken Ray a écrit :
>
> Hi Ken,
>

>   local a_variable
>   on mouseUp
>      put "tell app" && quote & "ovolab Phlink" & quote & cr &\
>      "get number of party" & cr &\
>      "end tell" into tAScript
>      do tAScript as applescript
>      put the result  into a_variable
>   end mouseUp
>

> if I add at the end of the script :
>
> answer a_variable
>

> the answer is  "execution error"
>
> Can you give me some more explanations ?

Well, I don't know the specific calls to ovolab, so it is likely there's
something wrong with the "get number of party" line. You should test the
script in the AppleScript Editor before implementing it. I was basing it on
the following script that *does* work:

local a_variable
on mouseUp
  put "tell app" && quote & "Finder" & quote & cr & \
      "get name of first disk" & cr & \
      "end tell" into tAScript
  do tAScript as applescript
  put the result into a_variable
  put a_variable
end mouseUp

If the script above works, then it is likely it's just a problem with the
"get number of party" line.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/