Indirect Chunk References

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Fri Jan 7 09:32:39 EST 2005

Hi Folks... Maybe I'm looking at this app too long.  I do this kind of code
all the time and I can't figure out what I doing wrong.  I'm having trouble
with referencing a chunk.  I keep getting the actual chunk expression in my
stack label, not the selected line it's supposed to reference.  Here's my
handler...

theEvent contains the selectedLine from a field

on eventManager theEvent
  lock screen
  put " of stack " & quote & "OYF TNT Time View" & quote after theEvent
  go to stack "Event Manager"
  if theEvent is empty then
    set the label of this stack to "New Event"
  else set the label of this stack to theEvent
end eventManager

Can someone straighten me out?  Thanks...

Jim
--

OYF is... Highly resourceful people working together.
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
1959 Upper Water Street, Suite 407, Halifax, Nova Scotia. B3J 3N2
Info Line: 902-823-2477, Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139