Using Externals in Revolution Article

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jan 5 13:50:27 EST 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 6:31 AM, Gordon Tillman wrote:

> Morning Trevor,
>
> Thanks for posting this:
>

>> <http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/>
>>
>> If you have any feedback on corrections or how to clarify any points
>> in the article you can send them to me directly at
>> trevor at mangomultimedia.com.
>
> Very nice write-up.  Oh how I could have used it a couple of months
> ago when I was figuring all this out! :-)

The first external I worked with was Valentina.  I designed my app to
use the splash screen approach and one day I decided to build a
standalone.  I couldn't get any of the Valentina external calls to work
in the standalone and spent a couple of days trying to figure out what
was going wrong (I was very new to transcript, revolution, etc. at this
point and tech support wasn't sure what was wrong).  Finally I put the
stack that had the externals property set (the splash stack) in use and
everything came to life.  It was one of the happiest days of my life
;-)  Hopefully this will save somebody else the same frustration.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com