draw line to mouseLoc under script control

Ivers, Doug E Doug.Ivers at lord.com
Tue Jan 4 16:12:47 EST 2005

I want to create a vocabulary drill in which a word in the left column is to be connected to it's definition in the right column.  You might remember doing this on paper in elementary school.  There are a number of ways to do the UI--in this case I want the student to draw a line (by dragging) from a radio button on the left side to a radio button on the right side (or vice versa).  I'd prefer the start and end points of the line to snap to the loc of the radio buttons.

Are there any examples of this or something similar in an "open" stack?  I've experimented with "choose line tool", mouseMove, dragMove, etc. but have come up empty handed.

Doug Ivers
One Time Software