Best way to handle web app connection timeout ?

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Tue Feb 22 12:02:58 EST 2005

Robert ,

Thanks for the reply, but actually it doesn't help much...
One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm also using a
similar token generation technique to identify each user,
in another part of the same project that involves a website
on which being connected doesn't always mean being
logged, as some pages are available to non-members (users
who don't have a log & pwd).
But as you said, these token need to be saved on the client
side somehow in order to survive crash... and I don't want
to save anything on the client side...

I've made some experiments with the technique described in
my previous post : sending automatic requests every minute
or so to the server... it works fine, but I'm still worried about
increase of activity on the server side...

JB