Send Keys and Window ID's?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 23:16:59 EST 2005

> I haven't researched the docs yet, but was just wondering if Rev/DC
> is capable of sending key strokes to non-Rev/DC windows.  If yes,
> could someone just point me to the command(s) that will get me going?
>
> Also, I'm still a newb to mac and want to know if OSX windows have
> id's and or names that I can use to send the key strokes to.

Rev can't do that directly, but most applications can be controlled
with AppleScript. If they are not directly AppleScriptable, you can
use GUI scripting as described here
<http://www.apple.com/applescript/uiscripting/>.

Write and test your AppleScripts in the AppleScript Script Editor,
then copy then over to Rev, put them in a custom property or a field,
then run them like this:

put the cApplescript of this stack into tScript
-- where cApplescript is the name of the custom property storing the script
do tScript as AppleScript

HTH,
Sarah