Message Box, multiple lines

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 29 11:18:38 EST 2005

Jerry Muelver wrote:

> I submit that the distinction between returnInField and enterInField is
> absurd for text-entry applications like program editors and dialog
> boxes, and is of extremely limited utility for numeric entry
> applications. In fact, I doubt that anyone can provide an example
> supporting the rationale for not merging the Return and Enter key for
> good for all applications.

I use the distinction all the time. In card-based databases (think
"address book" for example,) it is common to have multi-line fields
which function as "cells". Returns are accepted as part of the data.
Enterkey is accepted to "set" the data and move to the next "cell".

This is pretty common for many types of databases. I have also created a
multi-field table object that acts the same way.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com