Problems with recording sound

Christian Langers christian.langers at education.lu
Wed Dec 28 13:41:15 EST 2005

Hello everybody,

is it just me or does anybody else noticed this :

(and this is new to me because before I had no problems with it...)

I have 2 btns : one for recording sound and the second for stopping
recording ;

Recording-Btn's Script :

global tName
on mouseUp
	if the uClicked of me is false then
   	set filename of player "soet" to ""
   	if tName is not empty then
   		ask information "Numm fir de Fichier..."
   		if the result is not "cancel" then
   			put it into tFichName
   			set the uClicked of me to true
   			set the recordInput to "dflt"
   			set the recordFormat to "aiff"
   			set the recordCompression to "raw "
   			set the recordrate to 32
   			set the recordchannels to 2
   			set the recordSampleSize to 16
   			record sound file "data/Kanneraudio/"&tName&"/"&tFichName&".aif"
   			set icon of me to 3186
   			show img "sign"
   		else
   			hide img "sign"
   			exit to top
   		end if
   	end if
	else
		exit to top
end if
end mouseUp

I recorded sounds several times one after the other but fact is that
every second recorded sound is usuable ; at one time I have noisy
sounds instead of a recorded voice and another time the recorded
sound is ok..

that's not ideal for working with the audio component...

Is Rev to blame ?(ver 2.6.1)

My OS ? ( Mac Os X 10.4.3) or

Quicktime ? (7.0.3)

Is there a workaround ?