Debugging and the execution path

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Dec 23 14:36:40 EST 2005

On Dec 22, 2005, at 9:53 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> In either scenario, indented items would be capable of collapse and
> expand functionality via disclosure triangles.
>
> Whadda ya think?

However you like. The crucial thing for me would be to call out a
list of variables for special attention. Those variables need to be
easily viewable as a group. In other words, if you have a list of
variable/value pairs, there needs to be some way to see the variables
you're interested in without expanding the list to the height of the
screen, even if those variables don't sort together automatically.

Man, I'm getting less clear by the second. In Navigator you have a
list of all the objects on a card, but you might be interested in
only five of them. You can double-click those five objects in the
list to place references to the (bookmarks) at the top of the list.
Then you can ignore the rest of the list and just deal with the
bookmarks. That's what I want ;-)

I should point out that the debugger/variable watcher is likely the
feature that would cause me to purchase Constellation. I do all of my
work in Navigator, the script editor/debugger, and the message box.
If Constellation replaces the debugger, I'd pretty much abandon the
Rev environment entirely. (what a weird concept)