Windows stand alone

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Fri Dec 23 03:44:10 EST 2005

Hi Mandy,

> I'm new to using Revolution. I created a pretty big program
> on a mac and successfully saved it as a stand alone for a
> mac. I went through the same procedure to save it as a stand
> alone for Windows. It saved it, but when I transferred the
> file to a PC, it opend, but the file doesn't include any of
> the graphics and the fonts are smaller, with fields
> misaligned. In other words, it's a mess.
>
> Can anyone help me? I'm not a programmer but am committed to
> delivering this product asap. It's been a real nightmare and
> finally I have the mac version working. But the user needs
> the windows version, too.

I'm guessing.  But is it possible you used Mac format "Pict"
files for your graphics?  If so Windows doesn't always have
facilities for that format.  Windows tends to prefer bitmaps,
Jpegs, Gifs and such.  A sure way to check it to change the
pictures to one of these formats and see if that runs.  I'm
running both OSX and Windows machines.  If you wish you can
send a sample directly to me using scott at proherp.com - don't
send it to the list as people will get a little upset.  Compile
it as a Windows stand alone.

HTH

Scott