A supplement suite of office programs?

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Thu Dec 22 13:11:26 EST 2005

I have an idea on how we can promote RunRev, and bring clients to
ourselves.

It seems to me that there are a number of possible programs that could
be considered supplemental office-ware. That is, not the standard word
processor/spreadsheet/etc... suite of programs - but instead, a suite of
programs that covers less obvious needs.

My idea is to call this suite "Work Mage" and all the programs within
the suite would also end in the word "Mage" - Currently, the only
program that I have for Work Mage is a task-oriented to-do list program
I call "Task Mage". I have a few other ideas for the suite, but I am
sure the possibilities are endless.

I would love it if the members of the RunRev community would check out
my program (www.workmage.com) and let me know if you think there is a
possibility for a collaborative group project here. My thought is to
create a freeware suite that we promote heavily. This would draw in
potential RunRev users, and also draw in freelance work, customization
work, etc...

Sarah has been kind enough to investigate converting the program for use
on Macs (I only know PC). I am sure we could find someone to do the same
for Linux as well.

Y'alls thoughts?

Take Care,

Jonathan