[OT] Re: Bush-like weasel words about standalone, now micro-busses

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Wed Dec 21 23:55:47 EST 2005

I loved my 1959 VW micro-bus (split windscreen, etc.), and my
subsequent 1969 VW Transporter/Camper Bus with the pop-top and extra
canopy bed.  Both died from the dreaded thrown 3rd cylinder.  The
1969 transporter managed to leave a 5-metre strip of rubber as the
engine ceased---quite impressive!  The 1959 had been through so many
engines, transmissions, and just about everything else (the body had
been modified in a body-shop to make it a true ``hippie-van''--
including the wild paint job) that, at the last, it was thought
preferable to let it just die a graceful death.  The 1969 was
subsequently used as an office on oil drill site (the gas heater,
although flaky otherwise, proved a reliable heater for a stationary
micro-bus) for many years...

On 21-Dec-05, at 7:36 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>> P.S. I love my VW Bus (72 Transporter converted into a Camper Bus).
>> Wish I had an OS for it, that would be cool.
>
> You *are* the OS for it. Those were the good old days.
>
> Charles

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey