Bush-like weasel words about standalone

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 21 23:28:34 EST 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:
>>I suspect you've never used OS 9, right? You'll find that no other OS
>>can create Classic apps either. OS 9 had a file structure unique to
>
> Well, HyperNext has supposedly figured out how to do it.

I believe HN generates to an intermediate format, perhaps HQX, which is
then reassembled when brought over to the Mac.

Since Win has no resource fork, generating a traditional Mac Classic app
(in which main is in a 'CODE' resource) isn't possible on OSes that
don't support resource forks.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation