Comments disappear from script

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 15:26:47 EST 2005

One step that might shed some light.
Open the stack.rev in a word processor, like BBEdit on Mac, and you should
be able to read all your scripting.  If the script editor window is not
writing some lines to the interface, then this could be a bug, or some sort
of corruption that occludes the comments.

Another thought is that the comments may only be the apparent change.  Some
code might not be showing either.  If you have backup versions, try using
the word processor that can compare differences in the stacks/files.  This
might show invisible chars as well as visible script changes.

Caution: when editing and saving scripts while using multiple stacks open,
saves may not work well if handlers have not fully aborted.  A few months
ago, one of the members of the list was using a technique that kept many,
many script containers open and this created a very messy situation.  He
also experienced odd behavior, crashes, and loss of code.

Hope this helps.
Jim Ault
Las Vegas