Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Dec 19 15:35:25 EST 2005

Jim,

I may be wrong, but I believe the altBrowser works as a "black box" and you
cannot automate with scripting the login process or any other activity on
the site. You simply have the ability to integrate the OS browser into a Rev
stack (going to particular URLs, displaying custom HTML text, etc.).

[Not that that isn't VERY useful.]

One additional thought that occurs to me is that many sites have "web
services" that allow you to get information, for example in XML format,
bypassing the usual login procedures. You might look into that.

Bill