Image Display Issues on Win XP

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Dec 19 14:11:59 EST 2005

Hi All,

I have a stack displaying my wife's artistic creations.

The basic design is:

	Title Card
	About Card
	Art Card 1
	Art Card n
	Photo Index

Each Art Card contains one to six 5MPix jpeg images locked in 75x50
"thumbnail" size & position.  Selecting an image copies it to a
larger "main image" at a size based on current card dimensions.  From
there the viewer can enlarge the main image [under a "frame"] to view
detail and move a scaled "position box" over the thumbnail to
traverse the main image.  All images have alwaysBuffer set to true.

The Photo Index Card contains one button for each Art Card, with the
icon id set to the id of the curently-selected thumbnail image of the
pertinent card.

The stack was originally created in v2.1.2 on MacOSX, with no
problems except the inordinate amount of time it takes to open the
Photo Index Card.  It was compressed/decompressed before/after transfer.

In v2.6.1 on Win XP, sometimes the images are not displayed when an
Art Card is opened, and the Photo Index Card shows the icons for the
first six Art Cards plus the Art Card from which one navigated to the
Index, only6.

I seem to recall some discussion along this line; but a Bugzilla
search for image visibility & alwaysBuffer came up zip.

Suggestions, anyone?

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company