Is this possible.

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 12:00:37 EST 2005

On 12/19/05 3:21 AM, "Martin" <martin at smartdesigners.co.uk> wrote:
> Questions
> Can this be done with Revolution and Excel
> Is this type of thing difficult to produce.
> Can this system be updated from the program and not Excel
(full quote below)

First, this is easily possible in Rev.  There are many database design
options available to you.  Answer the following so we can further help
you...
-1- Is this to be cross-platform?
-2- Will this be a compiled application or just a Rev stack
-3- Will the user be the only one updating the information, or will you be
sending articles to be added?
-4- Is there an online source for these articles to be automatically added
if the user wishes?
-5- What kind of search functions do you want to allow the user?
<by this I mean "only keywords", "any word anywhere", "date order", etc>
-6- I use and program Excel & Excel VBA, and I would recommend that either
stick with an Excel solution or switch to Rev, rather than try a combo.

Recommendation:  You should really cruise the existing examples offered in
different places to see the many ways to put together Rev apps
try http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/, clk Welcome, clk Revolution, clk
Plugins Section, download the 2nd offering in the list, RevOnline Picker 1.0

Then go back one page, scroll to the bottom and follow the links to other
authors to see much more.

Hope this helps you get started..
Jim Ault
Las Vegas