CMS/BLOG Tool -- Word processing (RTF Tool)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Dec 18 15:00:21 EST 2005

Hi There Troy,

First there are plenty of routines to manipulate text, both styles
and content, just check the chunk expressions and the textSyle
property, it's very very advanced and easy to use. Spell check you'll
have to run your own, but you can use webservices that do that if you
want.

As for building CMS in Rev, well, many did that here, including me, I
built half a dozen CMS in Rev, each custom one. I build them
compatible with Blogger API 1.0 and 2.0. I also did standalone blog
tools that could generate and mantain html pages, it's very easy to
do that in Rev, just need to know about file i/o and chunk expressions.

Better than working with RTF is the HTMLTEXT and the textStyles of
the field objects, it's far more flexible.

I don't know what kind of CMS you're trying to build, but if you
could tell us more, then we could point you to some better resources.
Cheers
andre