Image resolution

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Dec 17 14:34:21 EST 2005

Hi Marty,

If what you mean by 'image resolution' is what dpi to set for, then you
should know it's not important for screen images-- as they're displayed
at typically whatever the resolution of the monitor is. If I'm not
worried about printing, I just set the dpi to 72. The important part of
the equation is how many pixels wide and tall your image is. You can set
those in the Canvas Size dialog under the Image menu.

So set the dpi for 72 (typical screen resolution) and set your canvas to
whatever size you want for the image and you're good to go.

DPI typicaly only comes into play when printing.

PNGs have a small difference in gamma cross platform, but JPG's don't. I
tend to use mostly PNGs.

HTH,
Chipp