"Ask us anything" and the executionContexts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Dec 17 13:02:47 EST 2005

Dick Kriesel wrote:
> Your answer left me a hope that maybe we were just a BZ away from being able
> to use the executionContexts in a standalone, so I decided to search BZ
> before asking about that possibility.  The result was a surprise, so here's
> another question:
>
> Would you please comment on the resolutions of BZ 724 and BZ 1243?  I know
> you're not speaking officially for RR, but you know the BZ business process
> pretty well.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this. I don't do much with
Bugzilla myself, except to enter an occasional bug of my own, and I
don't have any more input than anyone else. When someone on the team
mentioned in IM that they were planning some more bug fixes for the next
release, I asked "Can I pick which ones?" and got back "LOL!" So, I
guess my status isn't exactly superior. ;) Well, I wasn't being entirely
serious when I asked it either.

I know a little bit about the generic process though. Bugs are fixed
according to a flexible process of prioritization. Crashing bugs get top
priority. The number of people who are likely using a buggy feature also
influences priority. The number of votes a bug has influences it some
too. The ease of the fix is also a factor. None of these things weights
a fix according to a rigid decision tree, but rather a combination of
all those factors tends to influence the order in which bugs and
enhancements get addressed.

Since you want to add votes to this feature, you could ask one of the
original bug owners to re-open the bug. That would free it up again for
votes and comments. Or you could open a new bug yourself to address it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com