Cross-Platform Memory Inconsistencies

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Dec 17 11:47:32 EST 2005

Hi Richmond,

 From the docs (FAQ):

How do I estimate how much memory your application will need?

The amount of memory required by your standalone application depends
on many factors, including the platform, the complexity of your code,
which Revolution custom libraries you include, and how many windows
you have open at once.

As a general rule of thumb, add up the size of the stacks to be
loaded into memory (and the picture and movie files to be displayed
in referenced controls) at any one time and add 4M to obtain a rough
approximation:

		total size of loaded stacks
	+	total size of external files displayed
	+	4 megabytes
	=	minimum memory required (very approximate)

Without forgetting that Rev uses virtual memory as soon it's needed
and can't crash due to a lack of memory :-)

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet
http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/    eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com/