MacOS X, player, long filename and accented chars : solved

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Dec 17 11:21:27 EST 2005

I haven't played with players before, and I have a really simple
question:

If I want to add a keystroke handler to this player stack, how do I
do it? I can put a rawKeyDown handler in either the stack or the
card, and keystrokes are recognized. (Not if I put the handler in the
script of the player itself.) But the player doesn't seem to respond
to the commands I associate with keystrokes. I'm just trying to
implement spacebar = pause/resume, arrow keys step forward/back.

Is the filename this player stack loads also the name of the clip?
That is, if I put "put the filename of player 'Player' into theClip"
at the top of my rawKeyDown handler (very inefficient; I'm just
testing), can I then use theClip as the argument for various 'play'
commands? That's what I'm trying but it doesn't seem to do anything.

What am I missing? I can't seem to find a thread in the docs that
clarifies this . . .

Charles Hartman