[ANN] Renumbering Images with new IDs

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Dec 17 07:40:15 EST 2005

MisterX wrote:

>[ ........ ] no doubt but I prefer to
>have features united under a concise manager than having 10 disparate tools
>to do the same job - usually workflow related jobs in my case.

Whereas I generally prefer to have "single-purpose" tools, so that when
I need one, having not used it for 6 months, I can read a small doc and
know just what it can do.

If I have a tool I use all the time, then it can be (should be) one of
those more powerful, "multi-capable" tools, because in using it all the
time I have it to hand and remember how to use it.

>xosmedialib is a conglomerate of image browsing, editing, id fixing,
>conflict finding and more! It's easy to make and fix a little stack like
>yours, but limits show up fast. This is what I want to resolve under one
>roof...

Of course, you use xos and xosmedialib all the time, so a fully
integrated set of features is just what you need. I might well find that
if I used it all the time, I would love it. But without a compelling
need for some feature or capability, there is nothing to carry me
through the learning curve of installation and initial usage of a large
tool.

The larger and more powerful a tool is, the more need it has for simple
(though complete) documents, tutorials, walkthroughs, etc.