[ANN] Renumbering Images with new IDs

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Dec 17 04:22:07 EST 2005

Scott

very cool indeed! I know how good Delphi is because FLStudio uses that
environment to make FruityLoops which is IMOHO the runtime revolution of
music making. ;)

HyperCard was the first CMS I used for notes taking in college. Since then
it has grown to do enterprise storage administration and NT AD domain user
and share management and lots more at home in my home software studio ;)...

Same functions or handlers, different problems... im quite confident of my
object model because it has worked so well so far... it's a pity few have
managed to get into it - if any did... (I know, I need to document stuff and
all this... but being alone and amidst the furious evolution I do in TAOO,
documentation doesn't help much at this stage... I work on it bit by bit
though...)

What can't rev do? that's open to the user of course... im the user and I
respect other's work like delphi, ms office and OS, OSX and all mac things
since 1984. I also am awed at linux and how it too grew out of features
users wanted...

In rev, im the architect, the designer, the programmer the tester and the
user. What I like about it is that I can wipe new features in the middle of
the workflow and make all of my stacks more powerful each time. Is this
possible in delphi? Real time?

Also I don't like pascal programming which delphi is using... my fault but
any feature I see in delphi I could replicate in rev in minutes or a few
hours depending. Then it's copy paste or automatic updates (almost there)
across any stack I use... im not sure delphi would follow at this stage...
real time... probably can though ;)

Thousands of objects? eh?

I wont compare a single programmer's work to a thousands'... It may be
unfair to them ;) But that's how big TAOO is... And im still 10% of where I
want to be conceptually compared to today's scripted situation. I'd say my
biggest problem is finding powerusers or scripters that want to tap the
challenge and get it going... Im no Linus and definitely not well funded at
all and do this in my spare time mostly but I persist I'm on the right
object model from the beginning because so far I enjoy the benefits
developping or using rev... It may not be OOP but it's not far
phylosophically or on the context-logic...

And im only too aware how one object model may not fit the workflow of
another object model -

We all choose our IDEs, the features we need we add to it right? That's the
way it works so far for the past 15 years... about a new feature every week
on average... this has added up so far...

If I had time to discover and learn delphi I might do the same thing, at
this point, though it's faster for me to wipe the delphi feature in rev when
needed - and I don't look at delphi at all because I base these new features
on actual needs... In the end I have all the features I've programmed in
since 15 years and I can enhance any myself any time, use it across all my
stacks and go faster each time...

Just to add fuel to the fire, Im working on a new DB model which I call
NodeDB - im not too happy in sql and why not make something even more xtalk
like, ahem practical for Rev! Anything to make rev do my workflow faster -
hopefully it's compatible with other users ;)

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com/taoo