"Ask us anything" and the executionContexts

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Sat Dec 17 04:14:16 EST 2005

Your answer left me a hope that maybe we were just a BZ away from being able
to use the executionContexts in a standalone, so I decided to search BZ
before asking about that possibility.  The result was a surprise, so here's
another question:

Would you please comment on the resolutions of BZ 724 and BZ 1243?  I know
you're not speaking officially for RR, but you know the BZ business process
pretty well.

On 2003-9-29 Jeanne Devoto (then still at RR) commented on BZ 724: the
executionContexts "... will be documented sooooooon (probably the next
nonbugfix release)..."  She later commented "Removed for 2.1.2."

BZ 724 shows severity "minor" and status "RESOLVED/FIXED."  But there's
still no entry for the executionContexts in the dictionary.

BZ 1243 in an enhancement request for implementing and documenting anything
like the functionality of the executionContexts (my words, not Dar's).

BZ 1243 shows status "RESOLVED/NOT_A_BUG."  Of course it was "not_a_bug;" it
was an enhancement request.

If these weren't marked "resolved" I'd vote for them.  Instead of voting,
what's the next step to take?

Thanks again in advance, Jacque.

-- Dick