Audio files won't play in 2.6.1

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Dec 16 13:50:48 EST 2005

Hi Judy,

> My apologies if this chime-in is late (server was down most of
> yesterday),
> but, a quick look at Trevor's  multimedia chat stack indicates that it
> isn't a supported format.
>
> The docs say likewise:
>
> "Audio clips can be in WAV, AIFF, or AU format".
>
> Additionally, they  must be uncompressed.

Except the AU format which is a compressed format per se.

I recommend the AU format, which i have been using for years and never
had problems with it (mac and Windows).

> HTH,
>
> Judy
>
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Mark Swindell wrote:
>
>> But why won't mp3's work properly?

But Mark is correct here!
Until version 2.6.1 every QT supported format could be played with
"play ac xyz"
on the Mac.

Maybe they do stick to their own conventions now? ;-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de