"Typesetting" functions

yoy yoy at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 08:26:12 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sivakatirswami" <katir at hindu.org>
To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 6:01 AM
Subject: "Typesetting" functions

> As one who is spoiled by options for very precise control over type
> all these years (Quark and now InDesign) the challenges of making
> text look good in a Revolution field seem daunting.

You think Quark and InDesign gave you precise control over high quality
typography? You're way off the mark.

I typeset on CCI back in 1982 which was the best in it's day. Granted it was
balck type on white paper. When Adobe introduced PostScript, I took their
clases and wrote a typesetting system that fell short in kerning and
tracking, but excelled in features that have yet seen the light of day.

So in my experience of over 23 years in the field and asking the Magic-8
Ball, "The chances are unlikely."

But anyway, have a look at my old typegauge, written entirely in postscript,
then PDFd.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/foxcat/GAUGE_88.pdf

Enjoy

Andy Burns