sheet stack (to card x)

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Wed Dec 14 21:47:21 EST 2005

Jerry,
    A sheet is just a fancy modal dialog box that is peculiar to
OSX.  The main difference between a sheet and a regular dialog is
that a sheet appears to be attached to (part of) a specific window
rather than appearing as a unique window.  It allows the parent
window to be moved about and only blocks interaction with the parent
window so that, if the user wants, they can move the sheeted (parent)
window to the side and look at or interact with other windows. It has
a nice look and in some circumstances is probably the best way to
show a dialog in OSX.  Rev makes using sheets easy by allowing the
built in ASK and ANSWER dialogs to be shown as sheets  simply by
adding the phrase "as sheet" .  Rev also allows most any stack to be
easily shown as a sheet of another stack.
-Scott