[OT] [OT - Maybe] Good/Bad Form for sample stacks

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Dec 14 15:00:00 EST 2005

Tom,

I "usually" contact the author directly and tell them about the "bug"
in their app.  I do this so that they can save face (and time) by
fixing the problem quickly and posting the problem/solution without
being caught up in a public controversy first.

However, if a code sample is supplied on list in response to a
question or challenge, I have observed that it is fair game to jump
in and point out the problems/solutions directly and interactively.
It is all in fun and learning!

That is how I operate.

Dennis