MS Office and XML

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Dec 14 11:51:27 EST 2005

Marielle,

xml is supposed to be unicode not ascii unless the
dtf tells you so... Although I would think it a good
behavior for programs to check this anyway ;)

It's usually a good start, before using a format, to know
it expected structure, encoding, etc...

Not that ascii xml is not good but it is not standard.

Is ASCII obsolete? ;)

Also the real xml office format is in OpenOffice...
Unless you like updating your parsers every 6 months MS
releases a fix for office ;)

On the positive side of things, MS keeps developpers busy ;)

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com/taoo
RevOffice included (under construction ;)