MVC (was Text database using custom properties)

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:32:42 EST 2005

Dave....

Short answer (and admittedly over-simplistic) is that Rev doesn't lend
itself to MVC app design and construction. To do true MVC you need an
object-oriented environment, which Rev decidedly is not.

If you want to take the project you describe to MVC, I suggest you look at
an MVC-based app framework. It'll save you tons of time.

But since that's not about how to use Rev, I'll shut up now.

:-)

On 12/12/05, Dave LeYanna <dleyanna at rtl.org> wrote:

> David;
>
> I read a little about the benefits of using MVC but I had a little
> trouble mapping that paradigm to Rev. One of the major issues wasn't
> really Rev related but really needed to be thought through and I came up
> blank and confused

I really would like to use MVC if I can because I am on the brink of a