Export to Excel

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Dec 13 20:20:34 EST 2005

I have a table in an appliation which I want to export to Excel. I
can fake it out by simply saving it as a text file with the .xls
extension and when the user double-clicks it, Excel will open it up.

That will fake it out but won't do any fancy Excel things like set up
tabbed categories, etc.

Is there a better way to do this export?

I've seen some programs export it directly into Excel without going
through a file on disk. How is that done? I assume on the Mac I could
use AppleScript but how would I do it on Windows?

Bill Vlahos