Christmas e-cards as learning tools

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Sun Dec 11 13:58:06 EST 2005

I gave a go to a very simple christmas ecard. It shows the usage of
the revspeak command (to speak out a text).

You can access it with any of these:
- go url "http://revolution.lexicall.org/tutorials/ecards/
merrychristmas.rev"
- right click at: http://revolution.lexicall.org/tutorials/ecards/
- RevOnline, users, Marielle, "Merry Christmas 1"
- RevOnline, categories, education, "Merry Christmas 1"

Conception time: 20 minutes (maximum). Degree of difficulty: quite
easy. I only had time to check on my own machine. Let me know of any
problem.

To learn how it was done, check out for script at card level, on the
button with the voices, on the button play. I will add a tutorial
page on the wiki, very soon.

The "Christmas father" picture comes from "http://www.picto.qc.ca/",
category "Fêtes Noël". Images there are 100% free to reuse. Other
christmas graphics, free of use, are to be found at: <http://
www.christmas-graphics.com/>

The "speech balloon" is now available in the "ecards" image gallery
on the revolution-education wiki website:
http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-browse_gallery.php?
galleryId=3. I have added a few other pictures, produced by following
photoshop tutorials (you will find a list of such tutorials at:
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=ResourcesImagesTutorials>). If you would like to upload other
pictures there, take contact, it only takes seconds to give you the
permission to do so (but please, only upload pictures which are clear
of any copyright restriction).

Looking forward to see your contributions :-D.

Marielle

--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist

Alternative emails: mlange at blueyonder.co.uk, M.Lange at ed.ac.uk