Recent Development on the Use-LIst

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun Dec 11 09:03:39 EST 2005

Tom McGrath wrote "My thoughts are mine so please don't
take offense."

I am not offended.

In fact I am extremely happy that Tom McGrath voiced his
opinion in opposition to what I wrote in my previous
posting under this heading. Healthy debate is a requirement
of all societies that don't want to run the risk of
stagnation.

Tom: RR could say "Boil your collective heads" to all the
folk on the use-list who have been suggesting ways the
company might go: what is interesting is that, so far, they
have not. Now I am well aware that RR are their own bosses
and do not have to do anything that anybody else suggests;
I would suppose that most of the other posters who have
suggested ideas on this use-list are aware of that as well.

As should also be clear from the postings on this list, and
elsewhere, there are many models for software: Free,
Semi-Free, OpenSource, Private, etc. and quite a few
adherents to what we could term a "mixed economic model".

It is also clear that RR are not Adobe (walled up in their
'mud hut' - pun intended).

sincerely, Richmond

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html