Stock Portfolio project starting

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Sat Dec 10 11:24:31 EST 2005

I have just decided that I need to write a stock portfolio reporting
program in DreamCard.  Every canned program I have tried, does not
show my portfolio in a way that is useful to me for making certain
decisions.  I end up with several spreadsheets that I am hand
updating every day --not the kind of thing a Rev programmer should
have to put up with!

This will involve a new area of learning for me --I need to find a
way to download realtime quotes from the internet every 5 minutes.
Does anyone have any experience doing this, and can I get a few
pointers about how to start to tackle it?

I also need to be able to run this stack at the same time I am
running the DreamCard IDE.  I know that if I am running DC Player at
the same time as DC IDE, the two interfere in some ways.  I was
wondering if the StackRunner program also interferes with DC IDE if
both are running?

I am doing this program for my own use (as opposed to for someone
else).  Therefore, I am open to sharing my results as an example.

As always, any help is appreciated.
Dennis