changing input keyboard

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Fri Dec 9 09:18:09 EST 2005

I also have a small problem with this in Windows, but my problem is
slightly different.

I have a project dealing with Estonian vocabulary and I just prepared
a Windows version for testing purposes and the keyboard input is
buggy in Windows.  Wehn I switch the keyboard to Estonian it tends to
switch immediately, unlike your problem, but when I click to create a
new word card, the keyboard switches back to English.  However when I
click to edit fields on existing cards, it stays in Estonian keyboard
mode.  This seems to be 100% - edit card, keyboard stays correct -
create new card, keyboard switches.

Would it be possible to put something in the create card handler that
forces they keyboard input to stay in Estonian?

Also, and I've been wrestling with this for months now, Rev unicode
doesn't handle the letters ž and š in Windows.  (if these letters
don't display properly in your mail software, they are the s and z
with the diacritical mark above that looks like a little "v").  These
work in any Windows word processor so I can always cut and paste
these two letters into my rev standalone, and content produced on my
Mac display the letters properly in Windows, I just cant create them
in my standalone in Windows.  Even though these letters aren't very
common in Estonian, it would be nice to have this work correctly.
I'd hate to have to tell users they need to cut and paste a few
leters when using my app! Any tips from Windows users who know the
keyboard input system well? Is there any way around this?

Cheers,

Lars