Sending E-Mail Programmatically

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Dec 8 11:05:18 EST 2005

On Dec 8, 2005, at 2:00 PM, Adam wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Is it possible to send e-mail from Rev programmatically, without
> needing to interact with the user's default mail client?
>
> TVKIA,
> Adam

Adam,

there are a couple libraries for that out in the wild. There's Shao
Sean libSMTP and libMAIL which are wonderfull resources for dealing
with emails. There's Altuits altEmailHarness and I created a Raw Smtp
thing available on RevOnline under my user (soapdog).

Altuits library is the easiest one around. Shao Sean is the most
powerfull. Mine is a very specific case where you want to send an
email but don't want the user to fill in his configuration so my
stack acts as a SMTP 'server', this works fine for all server that
don't do a reverse checking, if they do or if they block relay mail,
the mail will not work. So use my stack only in cases you control all
your server environment.

Cheers
andre