VU meter

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Dec 7 21:15:22 EST 2005

Recently, Mark Smith wrote:

> The VU style meters look great, though if you need them to behave
> like 'real' VUs, you may need to make some changes....

Glad the stack worked worked for you Mark.  If you mean changes in terms of
averaging then yes, these meters are really more like PPM (according to the
article you cite).  The script simply grabs the levels provided by QT every
so many milliseconds and resizes a graphic to fit a designated scale.  I
don't think it would be hard to average the numbers over a period of time
but I'll leave that exercise up those who are interested. :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design