Is there a virus in one of Rev's file?

Jerry Muelver jerry at hytext.com
Wed Dec 7 17:16:18 EST 2005

From: "Kevin Miller"

On 4/12/05 7:51 pm, "Éric Miclo" <eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I've just reinstalled Rev and Intego VirusBarrier tels me that the
> revspeechsapi4.dll contains a virus called "w32.NetSky.Q".
> Is somebody aware of that?

We tested the distribution before shipping it.  We also checked it again
today against the latest virus filters.  We can find no trace of a virus in
this file.  Are you sure there wasn't one on your system before?

That's likely a false positive on the part of Intego. The w32.Netsky report
crops up when the virus checker finds a signal pattern, which may have been
replicated by chance in the DLL. I've seen these reports generated for fresh
EXEs created by reputable compilers.

---- Jerry Muelver