Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Dec 7 14:57:29 EST 2005

Bill,

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words! I prefer the VB placement of
text.

My best guess is that we're both *sorta* correct ;-) I believe
Revolution 'builds' the buttons using the correct theme 'bits', but
probably doesn't use the direct API call to do so. 'Course I could be
wrong, but it would explain the differences you see as well as the
'mostly supported styles' which is apparent. Certainly a bit of pixel
tweaking could bring it in line.

I imagine allowing for the ability to 'add icons' and resize buttons to
whatever dimension creates some implementation problems for a 4 gen
tool. Frankly, I've not had any problems in any of my shipping apps, but
then I'm not the stickler for HIG that you and Richard are.

Does VB allow one to add icons and change the font and font size of a
button like this? Just wondering.

best,

-Chipp