Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Dec 7 14:12:57 EST 2005

Chipp,

>> In other words, if you customize the look and feel of Windows with a
>> utility like WindowsBlinds, it doesn't necessarily translate to every UI
>> component in Rev.

Many effects work. It does pull in the title bar style, and I think the
progress bar style. It does not pull in window background colors, text size
preferences, menubar effects and several other small details.

WindowBlinds is not required to see this (though it can make it more
pronounced).

Right-click your desktop; choose properties. Select the Appearance tab in
Display properties.

Choose "Large Fonts" -- the change is not reflected in any Rev element
(menus, buttons, etc.)

Choose Effects-->Menu transitions--> Scroll Effect -- not reflected in Rev

Rev stack backgrounds are always in grey no matter what the setting in the
Theme is.

If you go into the "Advanced" section of the Appearance tab you will find
many more preferences not reflected in Rev.

I'd say that Rev's support of "Windows themes" is pretty good -- in fact all
that is needed for 90% of situations -- but not 100%. Fortunately, most
people don't notice what isn't supported.

Bill

"Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote in
message news:43972BBB.40503 at chipp.com...