Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Dec 7 13:36:43 EST 2005

Thomas,

Fortunately for you and the list, Bill is incorrect in his assessment.
I've tested 3 seperate themes on Win XP and they all dsplay correctly in
Rev, so it does actually "pull" from the actual "OS." I seem to remember
testing this for Tuviah when he was implementing theme support for WinXP
and Rev.

WindowsBlinds isn't a Microsoft sanctioned Thememaker and as such your
mileage may vary if you choose to use it. I suspect, if it sticks to the
correct protocols, RunRev may work with it, but you should first test it
out. IOW, I really _don't know_ if it works with WindowsBlinds.

And while perhaps many people don't modify the theme settings, more and
more computers are being shipped with modified settings.

Here's a particularly snappy theme which I run on all my computers:

It's called the Royale Theme and ships with the Media Center version of
Windows.

www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Themes/Royale-Theme-for-WinXP.shtml

best,

-Chipp