Handlers and Scope

Adam friendlygeek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:47:15 EST 2005

Hi all:

Being a Revolution newbie and I all, I really appreciate this list and
everyone on it.  I'd like to thank Trevor DeVore for responding to my
first post.  Trevor you've made it look easy, thanks. ;)

I have put to work Trevor's suggestions in a function.  That function
resides in the script of the first card on my stack.

I am then trying to call that function from the script of a button on
the card in the following way:

on mouseUp
   put field "fldItemsToFind" into lItemsToFind
   put field "fldNumItemsAllowed" into lNumItemsAllowed
   fMyFunction(lItemsToFind,lNumItemsAllowed)
end mouseUp

When put it into browse mode and click the button, I get Rev telling me
it can't find the handler fMyFunction.

What is the scope of handlers in relation to the stack, cards in the
stack, and the elements of each card?

It's probably a very simple fix, but really appreciate the help. ;)

Thanks very kindly in advance.

Adam
--
"Each day is an opportunity to learn something new." - Me