How young are the coders...

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Wed Dec 7 05:09:48 EST 2005

Interesting info there. A couple of things are possibly skewing
perceptions of the average age of the community - youngsters likely
can't afford to go to conferences so you probably wouldn't see them
there, and I wonder how many of them have the dedication to wade
through and participate in this list?

I know for a fact we have some younger coders, one I know of is 15, so
that takes your crown Andre :)

This isn't to say we don't want more. We always want more, of any age,
we are not ageist or sexist. I was teaching my 9 year old daughter to
code in Rev on the train recently - she was intrigued with the
possibility of making the CEO into a flying pig that circled the window
(I was testing Arcade Engine at the time).

Warm Regards,

Heather

Heather Nagey, Customer Support Manager
Runtime Revolution Ltd