Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 6 15:49:12 EST 2005

Bill,

I made a widget a while back that extracted a saying a day from a
remote server and gave it away. Then they changed the server and it
stopped working.

Sarah has the PicaPod widget that downloads some very cool desktop
pictures and is awesome in it's simplicity yet it does what 'should'
be done in a desktop app.

I think without really thinking about it many here are doing these
things already. What I think is needed is a set of guidelines or
templates like you said. Sort of the way the Revolution Online
scripting conference stacks are similarly following a format BUT for
the widgets it is the actual look and feel that changes and the
template is for the floating and coding and expected behavior of the
widgets when deployed.

I like this topic.

Tom