custom password dialogue

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Tue Dec 6 12:52:58 EST 2005

This is an easy problem to work around...
The following method will activate just as soon as the character is placed, and before any keyup handler is executed.

Just do this:
On rawkeydown
  Send hideMyKeys to me in 0 seconds
End rawkeydown

on hideMyKeys
    -- enable masking of password during entry
    lock messages
    lock screen
    repeat with i = 1 to the number of characters in me
        if the imagesource of char i of me is not "tinyPadlock" then
            set the imagesource char i of me to "tinyPadlock"
        end if
    end repeat
    unlock messages
    pass keyUp