Why isn't Rev more popular?

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Tue Dec 6 04:53:38 EST 2005

Man,

This list is really getting corny... No more talk about xtalk
or rev stuff. It's been 3 weeks im deleting nearly every message
in my 3 mailboxes (and the new spam)...

Business applications? Man, i run a bank's storage systems with rev
for some 2000 users everyday since 5 years!!! Never a challenge that
can't be fixed in "minutes"... Ah yes, and Rev does the reports, stats
and graphs for the managers... And there's web reporting and more too...

It's true that a few here in the list do not like criticisms of Rev
and Rev doesn't say anything to soothe the complainers, ahem, users in
trouble...

In the meanwhile the wise users create bugzillas, pay for licenses (over
and over) in the hope of a quick fix - while others in the list will
devote lore and prose to help find a solution - which happens nearly
every time!!!

But even as one of the worst complainers in the revMailist history, i
haven't seen a valid peep of why rev is not a good environment of
business applications - (and yes tables are easy to make in rev - easier
than in any other language i've tried - i've tried about 20 or so...)

So, let's get back to scripting! Ignore the loud berzerkers who bring
nothing we can't use or help with...

Ask yourself, is it productive?

Fanatics we are and we love what we do. We do it with heart and mind.
Something which this list is not doing anymore with the noise ratio
so high!

Xavier
==
big sig intentional...

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname at clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER