Why isn't Rev more popular?

Jerry Saperstein runrev at civildiscovery.com
Tue Dec 6 00:25:52 EST 2005

Chipp:

	What's wrong, fellow? Sending me a silly, juvenile insulting e-mail
privately wasn't good enough for you? Now you extend your ad hominem attacks
to the entire list? Oh my, Chipp, you must be so very, very angry!

	For your information, I am indeed the Jerry Saperstein who owned
FontBank and was accussed [sic] of all kinds of evil things by people just
like you.

	FontBank had more than six million licensed users, Chipp. And
millions more who didn't bother with licenses.

	The "stealing" allegations concerning intellectual property came
from people who didn't understand copyright law. Their accusations were,
just as yours, ad hominem. Some people, Chipp, have no use for truth or
honesty in making their arguments and resort to untruths and ad hominem.

	FontBank typefaces were licensed for redistribution by a number of
firms, including Broderbund. Adobe, Monotype and others sued a number of
firms for copyright infringement of their typefaces, Chipp, but they never
sued FontBank. Why? Because FontBank obeyed the law and didn't infringe. But
little things like that probably mean nothing to someone bent on character
assasination, right Chipp?

	In the article you cite, Fred Showker refers to a former contractor
who was complaining that he hadn't been paid. In the real world, Chip,
people with complaints like that sue. No suit was ever filed by that
individual, Chipp, because the truth was that he had been paid --- but
thought, after the fact, that he hadn't been paid enough despite what the
agreement said.

	It's really pathetic, Chipp, to deal with someone who reacts so
strongly to his beloved product(s) being criticized. Juvenile is perhaps
giving you too much credit for your reaction.

	You stand as a prime example of what will happene to anyone who
dares to criticize Revolution while Chipp Walters walks the face of the
earth --- and a prime example of how people who so dearly love a product
help kill it. Beware critics of Revolution --- if you dare give voice to
your concerns, big bad Chipp walters will slime you.

	What a joke you are.

Jerry