Rev performance: help!

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Dec 5 15:19:02 EST 2005

On 12/5/05 1:55 PM, "Jon Seymour" <jonseymour at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm flipping out today over what seems to be a sudden and
> inexplicable degradation in Rev's performance. When I started up the
> stack today, everything had slowed to a crawl. Eventually, I tried
> opening an older version of the stack on my laptop (a separate
> computer) and...same thing! After hours of this I even tried
> reinstalling Rev, and still the same behavior.
>
> Any ideas, folks? Boy, I'm hoping there's a simple answer!

Well first thing I'd do is test some other stacks (not older versions of the
one that's having problems) to see if you get the same kind of slowdown. If
not, it would seem to have something to do with the stack you're working
with - what does it do? And how is it exposing its performance degradation?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com